United Psychological Services partners with you in every aspect of your behavioral health care. It is our goal to make achieving good behavioral health as accessible and supported as possible. In addition to the diverse psychological and neuropsychological services we provide, we have a fully supported psychiatric program. It is important to use the most recent evidenced based treatment modalities, including psychotropic medication.
Our comprehensive psychiatric program includes a close collaboration with your primary care provider and your therapist to ensure the most effective treatment for all types of psychiatric disorders. In addition, we offer treatment for adult and child ADD/ADHD with use of stimulants.
Gemma Fioritto, our Board Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with Dr. Daniel Zak, Child and Adult Psychiatrist, has extensive experience in psychiatric nursing and treatment of acute and chronic behavior issues affecting the very young to the aged. She is well versed in the diagnoses and management of all acute and chronic psychiatric disorders. She has an expertise in early detection and intervention in children and teenagers.
Our psychiatric services are not just medication management and include:
- Comprehensive psychological evaluation
- Diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Medication management in the treatment of depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, bipolar depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, dementia, Alzheimer’s, ADD/ ADHD, and behavior symptoms related to TBI and autism spectrum disorders
- We utilize the latest evidence based treatment approaches to arrive at the right therapeutic combination to alleviate debilitating symptoms.
- Strong collaboration with your therapist and primary care providers
- Includes variety of therapeutic modalities in each office visit:
- Psycho education
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Solution focused and Motivational therapy
- Family therapy and Parent Training