Our goal at United Psychological Services is to provide each of our patients the best, most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan possible through our testing program. This program consists of neuropsychological/psychological testing and scientifically based psychiatric/ emotional assessment. We have brought together an experienced team of professionals dedicated to this ideal.
Many neuropsychological disorders mimic each other in their symptoms, potentially leading to an improper diagnosis or treatment. A careful, accurate diagnosis is essential to the success of every treatment plan. At United Psychological Services, we put our diverse and considerable resources to work for every patient to determine the absolute most accurate diagnosis in order to prescribe the appropriate treatment plan.
United Psychological Services is unique in providing a wide array of treatment options. These include addressing sleep disorders/insomnia, offering neurocognitive intervention for sports concussion and dementia, and all individual therapies from insight oriented to behavioral methods.
A Thorough, Accurate Diagnosis:
- Provide evaluation to work with the medical field for diagnosis and treatment.
- Make the distinction between ADD/ADHD and other disorders that can exhibit the same symptoms such as hyperactivity, defiance and distraction; paving the way for a more successful and appropriate treatment plan.
- More clearly define diagnoses of the autism spectrum, brain impact of sleep disordered breathing and sleep apnea, sleep problems, sports concussion and brain injury.
- Differentiates a genetic attention problem (ADD/ADHD) and an acquired attention problem that results from injury to the brain.
- Will separate emotional disorders such as adult Asperger’s, Bipolar and ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) from those involving the brain or perhaps resulting from an undiagnosed physical disorder.
- Can address early cognitive decline to work towards the prevention of dementia; separation of the different types of dementia; results provide the specific treatment plan to improve memory function.
United Psychological Services works as one with…
Other members of your health care team. We interface with the other professionals on your health care team to ensure that all aspects of your health are considered; general practitioner to neurologist. We work as a health alliance on your behalf.
“Our goal at United Psychological Services is to provide each of our patients the best, most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan possible through neuropsychological and psychological testing and treatment.”